Saxophone Forum

by tempomaster
(36 posts)
9 years ago

Tenor Sax Questions

Have been looking at new tenors - what is the new version of the old Selmer Mark VI?  I see reference 54 and the Paris Series along with a few others.  What's the story?

Does anyone have any opinion on the Rampone & Cazzani tenors?  I was told they sould like the Conn 10 M.  Any input? 

Thanks      

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by JJckerions
    (2 posts)

9 years ago

Re: Tenor Sax Questions

Still, some investors see purchasing gold as a security assess against resilient industry instabilities. Cost of gold is quite immune to short-term government turbulences and cost-effective circumstances. Chosing to buy gold can secured your success and a long-term cost-effective dedication regardless of the government development. Gold will always secured your success sources, because it is never going to be that common. As a natural jewellery it cannot be designed or copied so the option to buy gold is a wise one. It's easy to buy gold using an excellent, gold investors, or cost-effective companies.). Talk about to an expert and ask for assistance to create sure that your cost-effective dedication is the best possible option for you and your future. http://www.cheaprunescape4u.com/

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

9 years ago

This is a saxophone blog!

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

2. by GFC
    (842 posts)

9 years ago

There were so many variations of the Mark VI during its 20 year run that it's difficult to say which among the various VI emulators is "most like a Mark VI."  There are lots of horns that sound like some VIes in current production, but somebody who is thinking of a specific VI sound can always contend that it's not the real thing.  The Reference 54 is no exception, so you might as well save your money.  

Not too long ago, Matt Stohrer caused a ruckus by giving his honest opinion, from a repairman's point of view, on the workmanship of the Rampone & Cazzani.  Beautiful horns and by all accounts with a deep, rich, sound, but certain elements were not what one would expect on such an expensive horn.  The only horn I've personally played that sounded close to my Conn 10M was a Keilwerth SX-90R.  There are also some Taiwanese horns designed around the same general "American vintage" sound concept.   

Reply To Post

1. by wehtam
      (1 post)

9 years ago

Dont under estimate the balanced action saxophones. Scott hamilton has played one for 40 years or so

Reply To Post