Saxophone Forum

by SaxMan
(559 posts)
20 years ago

Anyone around the anaheim area?

This spring, I will be competeing with my band in a competition in anaheim. is there anyone here from that general area? High school age that is - the school that I am going to now, is a brand new school, first year and it is made mostly of students from Dimond high, my old school and Service high. The band is almost completely from service. And let me tell you about service kids..! well most of the ones that I have experience with anyways, so I am not too keen to form any new friendships with service kids. Which means...I might be a friken outcast on this trip...so if anyone here is from that area...maybe we could hook up...at Disneyland or universal studios - wherever it is decided that the band is going...have to vote on it first. Tenor562? Blaise? Breckerbrothers? Mark VI? Caleb? (Though I do not beleive you are going to school anywhere near california, let alone anaheim.) Anyone else I missed?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by barimachine
    (323 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Anyone around the anaheim area?

only place were going in the near future is new orleans... which will be nuts

Reply To Post

1. by SaxMan
      (559 posts)

20 years ago

for mardis gras? When I go to mardi gras....its gonna be in nice where it is most wildly celebrated in the world.

Reply To Post

2. by Bass sax man
    (31 posts)

20 years ago

Hey, I live in San Diego... so I probably won't be able to drive up there. However, if you are going to Disneyland... be sure to stop in the New Orleans square and see Rob Verdi playing his tenor with the Side Street Strutters dixieland band. ~Blaise~

Reply To Post

1. by Bass sax man
      (31 posts)

20 years ago

Off topic but, incase you are interested... I am currently on a west coast tour with the Violent Femmes rock band on the contrabass, straight tenor, slide c-soprano, and sopranino. You can visit their site and see a few pictures onstage by clicking "California" under the pictures link. www.vfemmes.com ~Blaise~

Reply To Post

1. by tenor562
        (297 posts)

20 years ago

yea, I'm in MI, a little far for you. Are the service kids any good? Hook up with a really good service kid, good musicians can't be that mean and stupid.

Reply To Post

2. by SaxMan
        (559 posts)

20 years ago

HO wait a minute!!! Blaise, were you in some really weird movie 3 or 4 years ago about - well a romance movie? (I don't want to let everyone know exactly what its about, if it was you.) I didn't see this movie intentionally - I don't want to be branded as a guy who goes to see romance movies and chick flicks. (Another funny story there.) I was at a friends house one day and his mom said it looked funny so we went...and we saw it...I saw your picture on the vfemmes website...and I was like, " he looks familiar." so I found a less nebulous picture on nautilus 5 or something like that and thought about it and had an epiphany - I think. Or am I just going nuts thinking I have seen people I haven't?

Reply To Post

3. by Bass sax man
        (31 posts)

20 years ago

Hello, Yes I have been in a few movies... in the one you mentioned I was only in the FLASHBACK scenes :o) Hey all I can say is SAG jobs pay an insane amount of money! Thus, my sax collection continues to grow! The Nautilus4 is my homepage. I continually find links to "me" on various websites~ When will you be in Anaheim? I am only 1 1/2 hours away, Disneyland is pretty cool & Rob is there. Oh, Rob is 6'2" and plays a gold mark VI tenor, he is the one in "purple" pants! His group is comprised of Bone, Tuba, Trumpet, Clarinet, Sax & Drums and they switch off on piano. Very entertaining group. ~Blaise~

Reply To Post

4. by SaxMan
        (559 posts)

20 years ago

Cool - I can remember really minute stuff sometimes and big things I forget - I wasn't sure whether i should reveal what the movie was about - I do not have a problem with that type of thing, pretty much in all circumstances, but others might make it an issue - for some rediculous reason. I will be in anaheim around the 29th of march - we leave on the 29th - I think in the morning, so I might be there part of the day - not sure which day disney land is though, that is if we go there, other choice would be universal studios - which right now, I don't see happening - everyone that I know of wants to go to disneyland. I especially want to go - love eating at the Blue Bayou. the guy I am thinking of must be from something else - the band had multiple saxes - a couple tenors, an alto - probably the nicest 400 I have ever seen, a selmer simple system and a bunch of other stuff. As this thing gets closer and we draw up the itenerary, I will let you know more definitively - maybe I could give you my cell number if it works out and figure it out down there.

Reply To Post

5. by barimachine
        (323 posts)

20 years ago

you play with the violent femmes thats soooooooo awesome good job man

Reply To Post

6. by Bass sax man
        (31 posts)

20 years ago

To Saxman: Thanks I will probably be able to go to Disneland in March so... give me your cell number and we can arrange a meeting. To Brianmachine: Thanks for the compliment! Incidently, I am doing a show tommorow at the Santa Anita racetrack and possibly on Saturday in Phoenix. ~Blaise~

Reply To Post

7. by SaxMan
        (559 posts)

20 years ago

Well, I thought I had unlimited long distance on the weekends, but i only have unlimited in state on the weekends. (get charged long distance for anything further than about 70 miles in ak.) I will just email you my house number and then email you again when I have the speciffics. i will probably get another phone for when I am down there, when I get that, I will get you the number for that. Well I gotta go now - my english teacher is raging - susposed to writing a paper. Keith

Reply To Post