Saxophone Forum

by easom
(11 posts)
9 years ago

value of a Vintage Buescher Aristocrat Tenor

Hello,  Im looking for any info or vallue of this saxophone.  It is a small b Buescher Aristocrat tenor and is missing a lot of its laquer.  Still playable and no real dents to speak of.  What is a reasonable price to pay or what should I expect it to sell for if it was on ebay.  Thanks, CODY

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

9 years ago

Re: value of a Vintage Buescher Aristocrat Tenor

Big B's are good horns, but that one looks like it would be toward the bottom end of the Big B price range.  Condition is everything.  The neck doesn't look like an original Big B neck.  The replacement may or may not have worked out well.  There's also a flat spot on the left side of the bell rim.  A whack like that can cause alignment problems on the bell keys.  To find out about those issues would take a thorough inspection and play test.  At the very least, figure in the cost of a good overhaul.  You can get an idea of sale prices by watching closing prices for Big B's on eBay.

Reply To Post

1. by easom
      (11 posts)

9 years ago

Thanks for the reply.  A friend at work is selling it and others are interested in it as well.  I can get it for $350 or should I offer less.  What is the price range this falls in.  And is there such thing as a "Little B" model?  I looked at some pics of others and the b on this one seems to have a smaller b.  Or are you certain its a Big B model.  Thanks again for any help

Reply To Post

1. by GFC
        (842 posts)

9 years ago

If there's a free standing capital "B" it's a Big B horn.  

I think $350 is a reasonable price, but big questions are how much repair it needs and how suitable the neck is.  Have it inspected and tested by someone who knows saxophones.  What is the limit of the total you would be willing to sink into the horn, purchase + repair?  Once you have that figure set and know how much repair is needed, you have a basis for deciding whether or not $350 works for you.  

Reply To Post

1. by saxgourmet
          (127 posts)

9 years ago

STEVE GOODSON
          New Orleans
          www.nationofmusic.com

Reply To Post