Saxophone Forum

by sonnyrollins57
(17 posts)
20 years ago

My YTS-62IIs intonation and lack of brightness

I was wondering about my yamaha tenor sax.The sound is raspy and isnt bright at all.The sound is nothing compared to a selmer or yanagisawa.I think if i was to change my mouthpiece combination the sound will probably change. I play on a otto link super tone master #7 and on vandoren Java #3 reed.what should i do to boost the brightnest.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by The_MarkVI
    (80 posts)

20 years ago

Re: My YTS-62IIs intonation and lack of brightness

Try differtent reeds. i only like java on alto. try rico jazz select 2H unfiled. I am also using a 62 with a 7* otto link. i have a have bright sound that jazz playas love.

Reply To Post

2. by sonnyrollins57
    (17 posts)

19 years ago

I have tried new mouthpieces and i really like how the peter ponzol gave me so much power.I also am trying out the rico jazz select and i love it.My sound has so much depth to it now,especially when i play my martin tenor Sax thats from the 1930s.Im wondering if u like ur otto link a lot?sometimes it has draw backs on other saxophones

Reply To Post

3. by sonnyrollins57
    (17 posts)

19 years ago

I have tried new mouthpieces and i really like how the peter ponzol gave me so much power.I also am trying out the rico jazz select and i love it.My sound has so much depth to it now,especially when i play my martin tenor Sax thats from the 1930s.Im wondering if u like ur otto link a lot?sometimes it has draw backs on other saxophones

Reply To Post