Saxophone Forum

by spencera
(5 posts)
9 years ago

chinese saxophones

Are there any sax players out there playing with chinese made instruments ?  if so, would like to hear from  you... also if any one has bought a Saxophone from China,  how long does it take to get the instrument shipped from China to the United States ?  it seems that the instrument world is getting larger by the day with the introductions of so many instruments at such low prices coming into the USA....would this be making it possible for so many kids and adults to be able for the first time to learn to play an instrument....

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

9 years ago

Re: chinese saxophones

There are good Asian horns being sold by reputable online dealers.  Those are the only ones your should buy.  I would not buy a low-priced horn direct from China.  If something looks too good to be true, it usually is.  

Reply To Post

1. by Slab Hardcheese
      (3 posts)

9 years ago

Re: chinese saxophones

check out Phil Barone's horns.  I think they are Thaiwan but are getting some praise by players.  http://www.philbarone.com/    I currently have a Bari on order.  He said it will take 2 to 3 months as he doesn't keep them in stock.  I have heard they are similar to macsax but without the middleman storefront, so cheaper.

I also have an EM Winston Pro curved soprano that I think is Chineese I bought 10 years ago or so.  It plays very nicely.  The only downside is it feels like the metal is thin and if I dropped it, it would be all over.  I still haven't dropped it and it still plays very nice with my Theo Wanne Gia MPC.  I'd rather get a Thai horn though these days.

Reply To Post