Saxophone Forum

by bariguy
(25 posts)
9 years ago

otto link ligatures

hi i just got a new otto link new york model mouthpiece for my tenor sax. it has a 7 opening. i am not very happy with the stock ligature, i was thinking of trying out an olegature or maybe one of the bg ligatures. i'm looking for a strong fat, but controlled sound. anyone got any ideas?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by PsuSax
    (25 posts)

9 years ago

Re: otto link ligatures

try them both if you can, those would be the best for you, unless they offer a vandoren optimum that would fit that mp. if you can get an optimum they are very versatile and give you a wide array of colors just by changing the plates.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by golferguy675
      (600 posts)

9 years ago

Metal or hard rubber? There's an NY model for both. It is true the stock ligatures don't have very good response(though I do like the tone produced with them). Yeah, I like the Vandoren Optimums, but not especially for jazz. They have an oustanding response, but I don't find I like it for jazz, I use the Francois Louis Ligature and Olegature. Just whatever you do, don't go buy a cloth or fabric ligature live Rovner and play if for jazz, like a million people have done. It deadens your sound.

Reply To Post

1. by KCSaxGal
        (46 posts)

9 years ago

Does anyone know if Olegature has a model that will fix a Otto Link NY Metal Tenor mp? I looked at wwbw but all they have is a number... no description as to what mp it fits.

Reply To Post

1. by KCSaxGal
          (46 posts)

9 years ago

I found a reference chart on the Oleg website.

Reply To Post

2. by The_MarkVI
          (80 posts)

9 years ago

OH MY ! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE. the vandoren is for classical!!! Its not used for jazz. and the last time i checked, metal mouthpieces were for jazz. i would try an oleg or francoius louis ligature. but buy them from this site, they have the cheapest prices

Reply To Post

3. by KCSaxGal
          (46 posts)

9 years ago

umm... what are you flipping out about? The discussion is about a oleg and it's in the jazz forum. Nobody is talking about legit here? I am buying my olegature from my local music shop.

Reply To Post

4. by jazzax
          (30 posts)

9 years ago

A lot of players just use a silver Selmer Lig with their metal links, for whatever that's worth.

Reply To Post

5. by bariguy
          (25 posts)

9 years ago

ok cool. i'll try out a bunch of them. thanks for the info.

Reply To Post AIM

6. by KCSaxGal
          (46 posts)

9 years ago

it's ok... I flipped out last week on the forum because someone couldn't spell saxophone correctly. ;)

Reply To Post