Saxophone Forum

by kydevildogmark
(1 post)
19 years ago

lost sax

hey everyone brand new here and i am needing help. I played sax for 7 years in school from 6th to senior yr. Then i got out of school and joined the Marine Corps and i got rid of my saxes and stuff well my fiancee bought me a helmke saprano cause she knew i wanted a silver saprano. I am lost i have been away from it for so longand i dont remember much but i was wondering where i can find out what key it is and also where i can get sheet music to play any info is greatly appreciated.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by BestBandGeek
    (2 posts)

19 years ago

Re: lost sax

A soprano sax (as far as I know) are always in B flat. I play tenor, and it's the same as soprano. As far as sheet music, I can't help you, seeing as I have never had to buy music because I'm in a high school band.

Reply To Post

1. by A.C.O. Rob
      (2 posts)

19 years ago

Re: lost sax

"Hi. I'm new here also. I've been playing saxes for a while, and I make a modest living performing various styles of music, and I also teach. I have 11 students, and thats enough for me now. I'm glad you're getting back into it. Although I think the alto sax is a good horn to learn on, playing what you got is cool. My advise would be to find a good player that has some teaching experiance, and take some private lessons. If you really want it, you can have it. Best of luck to you.

Reply To Post