Saxophone Forum

by Anatidae
(2 posts)
9 years ago

Please advise on selling these....

My Dad was an WW instrument repairman and taught instrument repair classes for Band directors. He's gone now, and I have some of his horns he acquired over the years.

I have little knowledge about saxes - I'm a horn player. But I'd like to 'place' or sell these saxes. I would appreciate knowing what my options are.

1931 Conn alto sax - Serial #2456xx - not sure if Chu Berry or Transition model. Nickel finish - condition TBD

1920-21 Buescher Tru-Tone alto sn 626xx Silver (satin?) Finish - condition TBD

1925-26 Buescher Tru-Tone alto sn 1763xx Silver Finish (tarnished or smoked) this one needs complete restoration

'Would be interested in 'as-is' appraisal, estimate for restoration and projected value (wholesale and retail) once restored.

I have little idea what a realistic value is for any of these instruments nor enough knowledge to establish condition, etc.

I have some good quality photos to forward and am willing to ship for appraisal. I realize condition is everything. 

Thanks for your interest

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

9 years ago

Re: Please advise on selling these....

The only one that could have much value is the Conn tranny.  Yes, it is indeed a tranny from 1931.  They are highly sought after and yours looks pristine.  The Bueschers are more in the project horn category and the earlier one isn't likely to draw as much interest from actual players because of antiquated keywork.  

http://www.saxgourmet.com/vintage-saxophone-value-guide/

Keep in mind that those are dealer prices for horns in perfect condition, not private seller prices. 

Reply To Post

1. by Anatidae
      (2 posts)

9 years ago

Re: Please advise on selling these....

I appreciate your time and assistance. This is very helpful......and I understand about the pricing.

Thanks for your interest and comments. 

Reply To Post