Saxophone Forum

by jasonss
(9 posts)
19 years ago

FInding a place to buy a Yamaha YTS 62II or Yani 901T

Hi, I am lookinf for a place to buy a Yamaha YTS 62II or Yani 901T. I found music123.com selling them for 2200(62II) and 1850(901T) and a local store near my house seelling both of them for 2250. I live in San Jose, CA. Where can I find a good deal on those. By the way, I haven't played one of those Tenor sax before. Are they both good? Are they similar to each other since they cost around the same? Thank you. Jason

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by YanagisawA-901
    (312 posts)

19 years ago

Re: FInding a place to buy a Yamaha YTS 62II or Yani 901T

the guys at washington are very willing to make a deal..they dont stick to their prices most of the time, if you say you have a certain budget, theyll try to meet it..

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

2. by tenor562
    (297 posts)

19 years ago

talk to wwbw (music123) on the phone, and you can talk them down to 1900 or better, (like I did) They price match, and just call Marshall Music, which offers it for something like 1785, and that's what you'll get. Marshall Music is a store in Michigan, and they have a website, and they'll email you the prices, and you can give them to wwbw or music 123. www.marshallmusic.com I wouldn't buy from there, but for the price match, it's great to save $415 If that doesn't work, maybe you can find a better price near you. The 62II is an awesome horn, I highly reccomend it.

Reply To Post

1. by YanagisawA-901
      (312 posts)

19 years ago

if wwbw price matches, i got my 901 for 1100, lol happy hunting.. the place i got mine from is chuck levins washington music here in maryland

1. by jasonss
        (9 posts)

19 years ago

So you paid only 1100 for your 901T? That was a good deal! WHere did you get it? Do they sell sax online?

Reply To Post

1. by tenor562
          (297 posts)

19 years ago

he plays the alto version, but it's still an awesome deal.

Reply To Post

2. by YanagisawA-901
        (312 posts)

19 years ago

i got kinda luckey, yea i play the alto tho.. but you figure, mine got marked down 500 from the retail, so the tenor would too and youd be looking at what?? 1300?? i live in maryland and theres a place called chuck levins washington music.. www.washingtonmusic.com .. i think they do mail orders and such, but of course you have shipping.. do you have a instrument or two to trade in to someone?? thats how i got my deal..i had a busted clarinet that didnt work, and my cheap student alto and i got nothin for hte clarinet, but 500 for my alto, good stuff man.. bye (-Edited for readability by Saxquest administration on 10/27/2004 7:28:52 PM)

1. by golferguy675
          (600 posts)

19 years ago

God, don't pay anymore than 1800 for the 62II, or you're getting ripped off. Second, don't buy from wwbw, because their warehouse is out in southwestern texas, with

Reply To Post

1. by jasonss
            (9 posts)

19 years ago

That chuck levins washington music is selling the 62II for 2200.00 The cheapest places I found was wwbw and musiciansfriend.com. They are both selling 62II for $2,195.01, 82Z for $2,605.01, 875 for $2,865.01. Should I just add a little more to get the 875 or find another place that sells 62 II for around 1700? I have no idea to find that place. Any ideas? Thank you

Reply To Post

1. by tenor562
              (297 posts)

19 years ago

the 62II is an awesome horn, but I sure would be happy with an 82Z or 875. Take your time, you're going to want to try out around ten or more horns to know what you want. You can also do froogle, and usually find a better price for wwbw to match. Be sure to research it out. It kinda depends on what kinda player you are, what kind of playing do you do?

Reply To Post