can you tell me something about tenor sax lx-primus,copy of selmer sax.Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by sax_maniac
    (984 posts)

19 years ago

Re: lx-primus tenor sax

LX-PRIMUS? No-name alert. Be careful. Where did you hear of it? "Pork Soda" and "Seas of Cheese" are the only things that come to mind...

Reply To Post

1. by srdjan
      (2 posts)

19 years ago

I live in Belgrade and i saw that sax in the store of old man who repairs all kind of instruments.I know that the brand? of sax is very no-name(les claypole will be very proud)but when i played him the sound was good,intonation and low tones c,b easy to play,and its really looks like selmer, but i never heard of that mark of saxophone,also.If you heard something about that sax,please tell me.Thanks again.pozdrav

Reply To Post

1. by sax_maniac
        (984 posts)

19 years ago

If it has good intonation and plays well, then that's a good sign. Even some well-known brands don't always measure up to that test! The risk is longevity. It might be ok for now, but might not last a very long time. It might, though. It is very possible that the horn is the same make of some other brand - likely a Chinese import. Just be aware that if it's a no-name horn that it can be very difficult to resell so don't pay very much for it. You might want to consider a Selmer Bundy II or Yamaha 23 as they are good quality affordable instruments.

Reply To Post

1. by Goldref18
          (145 posts)

19 years ago

Yeah try it out and let us know how it goes. Just be careful because you may psyche yourself into loving it because of the nuiance of buying a horn. I have never heard of that brand but if you like it go for it. (i'll put a flag on this one because it's a Selmer Stencil) But go for it. (How old is it/ what condition is it in/ where as it made?)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by sax_maniac
          (984 posts)

19 years ago

Beware that there are lots of look alike knock-offs that are not actual stencil horns. I don't believe that Selmer is making any modern stencils, but who knows. They are jacking around their manufacturing operations so much that they might start doing just that. "Golly! I love my Selmer Maxtone!"

Reply To Post

3. by Goldref18
          (145 posts)

19 years ago

Jesus that damn guy and his Maxtone. I will never forget that. Lol what Sax Maniac said is a good piont though. Many stencisl claim to be this or that brand without really being it since they are stencils, basically a big word for composite horns and can get away with calling themselves stencils of any horn they want.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM