Saxophone Forum

by flyingscotsman
(1 post)
19 years ago

Silver CC Conn

Have an old silver sax have no idea what its worth, but would be interested to find out. some serial numbers I found are: PATD,DEC.8.1914 1119954 C 140030 L Looks to have been played a lot, silver is rubbed through on the fingers of some keys, has the original case. on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say about a 5 for condition. it does play.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by sax_maniac
    (984 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Silver CC Conn

A 1924 C-Melody saxophone (Low-Pitch). Depending on your version of what "5 condition" is, I'd say that if it plays from low Bb to high F smoothly that it might be worth from $200-$300. C-Melody saxophones aren't generally sought after like Bb tenors or Eb altos, and they are relatively common so their value just isn't very high. A similar condition alto or tenor would be worth about 50% more. The Low pitch designation means that it is designed to A=440Hz as opposed to high pitched instruments which tune to, I believe, A=452 Hz. Modern instruments, unless odd or exotic, are all A=440. The wear at the fingertips suggests that it used to be (or may still be) a great playing saxophone.

Reply To Post