Saxophone Forum

by sgt17594
(31 posts)
19 years ago

Looking for the Baritone Sax...

I really want to buy a baritone Sax. However, in Hong Kong, all the musical shop are no baritone sax "in stock". If you want it and pay for it, they will purchase it from the supplier. Auturally, you have no charges to try the baritone sax. !!!! I know that Selmer Super Action 80 Series II and Yamaha YBS62 are good horn, however, any good or fairy horn are cheaper? Yanagisawa B901 and YBS 52 are fairy or not? Any good suggestion? Sargent 17594

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by barimachine
    (323 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Looking for the Baritone Sax...

i loved the 901 especially for the price the big thing about that sax is that its not a full ribbed its seperated and that what makes it lighter/cheaper some say this would make it easier to get off tone holes and action problems and whatnot but i have never heard of anyone with a problem... id say you must at least try it

Reply To Post

1. by sgt17594
      (31 posts)

19 years ago

Hopefully, I can try all of them (B901, YBS62, YBS52 & Selmer... ) but it is impossible as all the local musical shop are out of stock! Actually, I placed a order of Yani B901 on the website since Sep 04. It is still out of stock at 3~4 web site. Recently, a website told me that a whole of Yani Sax are "shiped to heaven" due to the ship caught fire! Almost all the US mucical shop and web site have no this sax. >..< SGT17594 - a bari. sax. player have no bari. sax.

Reply To Post

1. by barimachine
        (323 posts)

19 years ago

haha the ship didnt catch fire i know what happened the entire factory burned down ... yea... i work at a music store and i never got tired of tellin that story

Reply To Post

1. by sgt17594
          (31 posts)

19 years ago

You means Yani's factory catch fire!! Really!! Does the God love Yani's Sax., He send them all to the heaven... Why he don't leave a bari for me? Jesus....

Reply To Post

2. by karebear1012
          (395 posts)

19 years ago

oh jeez... lol

Reply To Post

3. by barimachine
          (323 posts)

19 years ago

they still have them there just harder to get cuz they went to like a second factory that they have or something like that but yea... shipment were wrecked cuz of it

Reply To Post

4. by sgt17594
          (31 posts)

19 years ago

How about Yanagisawa B991?! it sound much better than B901 and cheaper than Selmer and Yamaha YBS62! In fact, I try the "old" Selmer SA80 before, may be the bari is not in good condition.... mellow sound and feel like the taiwan's bari...!

Reply To Post

5. by barimachine
          (323 posts)

19 years ago

i havent actually tried it... didnt have them because of factory but yes id say i would recomend it ... i dont think it would be worse than the 901 obviously but the series II is a very good sax the intonation is great i wanted to get it setup by TM but yay! they didnt email me back!

Reply To Post

6. by sgt17594
          (31 posts)

19 years ago

Hi barimachine: I just try the B991 bari.! The sound is mellow and so easy to control the dynamic level from high F# to low A when I put a classic mpc on ! All my quietet's member love it !!! When I put the B& L 120/MS/1, the sould is so loudy and sould is modern! I decided to buy this sax.... !! Thanks a lot! SGT17594

Reply To Post