Saxophone Forum

by karen44
(2 posts)
19 years ago

LA SAX

Does anyone have any info on the alto LA SAX?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by John Coltrane
    (84 posts)

19 years ago

Re: LA SAX

honestly not to rag about them, but i think they are a waste of money, but its understandable if your a beginner, but i would never ever dare play one. poor sound.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by chiamac
      (586 posts)

19 years ago

there are a lot better (and inexpensive) saxes out there.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by a2g_cnaz
        (4 posts)

19 years ago

LA Sax can make a good looking sax (sometimes) but because of all that laquer, it just wastes the sound

Reply To Post

1. by John Coltrane
          (84 posts)

19 years ago

yeah if u wanted a xmas sax with colors and jingle bells on it, then get it, if u want a true horn look into, keliwerth, yahama, selmer or yani's or maybe some bueschers..

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by karebear1012
          (395 posts)

19 years ago

You could definately do better....LA Sax makes cool looking horns, but their sound sux. Like John said, try keilwerth, yamaha, selmer, or yani, and see what you think. Good luck!

Reply To Post

3. by karen44
          (2 posts)

19 years ago

Thanks to all for the advice!! I ended up buying my daughter a Selmer AS500. She was playing an old beat up Yamaha from school, and she didn't like it.. so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again!

Reply To Post

4. by John Coltrane
          (84 posts)

19 years ago

hope she likes the selmer.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by selmersaxman
        (13 posts)

19 years ago

Dont do it! Dont buy it. And those colors!!! I have never even heard anyone say they played a good one. Cause i'm a Professional, I know. Those kinda horns will not make it when pushed. You may play one in the store and say: this is cool. But you're not BLOWING! When pushed, it will sound like crap. It you love a great tone, don't do it!! That thing will make you look and sound silly!

Reply To Post

1. by mark7
          (30 posts)

19 years ago

i would dissuade you from getting it, these horns are made by the same company that makes the chateau horns in taiwan. better get a conn 6m

Reply To Post