Saxophone Forum

by redleaf12
(13 posts)
10 years ago

Sax Sales/Repair in Los Angeles

Has anyone dealt with (or heard of) The Horn Connection in Los Angeles or Zep's Music Center in Burbank? I may buy a new alto from them and I want to make sure they're reputable. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by devinrickey
    (1 post)

10 years ago

Re: Sax Sales/Repair in Los Angeles

Yeah, Manny (the horn connection) is the only guy I let touch my horn. He is the best at repair and reconditioning, as well as being a very nice guy. I purchased a vintage Conn !0M Tenor from him and was very happy with the service.

Reply To Post

1. by azn_seagull02
      (26 posts)

10 years ago

im not so sure about zeps. i live in burbank and bought some reeds from them once but not an instrument. im not really sure because that was in 6th grade my first month playing a wind instrument. sorry i cant help

Reply To Post

1. by AdamL
        (6 posts)

9 years ago

Re: Sax Sales/Repair in Los Angeles Zep's from Adam's

Zep was a great man. When u went to his shop, you could be there for hours,talking, playing, living and loving music. Zep passed away and though the place is still a good place, It'l never been the same. Prices and selection are good if you want a new instrument. I will miss Zep, as he humanized the music business. Adam Lerman-Owner-Adam's Music

Reply To Post

2. by agasax
      (1 post)

10 years ago

Hi !My name is Agnes and I?m going to stay in L.A. for 3 months. My Selmer Soprano Saxophone is not in good condition and I would like to repair it. Can You help me and give any piece of advice , where should I go? Can U give me telephone number of any saxophone service in L.A. agasax@wp.pl Thanks You!!!

Reply To Post

3. by jushden
      (17 posts)

9 years ago

ive known manny for a long time and have worked in his store and would say that his repairs are solid but can be pricey. he can be kinda a jerk about repairing lower quality horns.

Reply To Post

1. by saxtech
        (12 posts)

9 years ago

The Horn connection (Manny) Is WAY too high. can't verify if the following is true, but I have also been disappointed in the past when I went in there and he was not in the store. I was told that he has a side job repairing broken instruments for the school district and his wife runs the shop during the day. At least that is how it used to be when he was on the second floor of his building a few years ago. I don't know if this is true, but when I used to go in there during the day, he was never there in the shop.

Reply To Post

4. by ragtime
      (1 post)

7 years ago

Hi, I have shopped at Zeps in Burbank for many years , when He was alive and when his wife had the store, they have always had the best prices and service in all of Los Angeles. The new owner has kept the prices low and same great service as far as i can tell. I remember Zep and his wife from years ago when they played lounge acts in Las Vegas, what talents they were.

Reply To Post

5. by franksland
      (1 post)

7 years ago

I took mt mark 6 and Top Hat to Hut Music and was suprised buy the best price and a repad that was perfect! I won't go any were but Hut Music! Frank,

Reply To Post