Saxophone Forum

by saxman0317
(53 posts)
9 years ago

Anyone got any opinions on the Cannonball horns?!

I've been looking for an upgrade in horns from an old buescher that i have outgrown and look at many choices, but just need some opinoins from others. Anyone got any comments on these horns, esp. The Raven?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxophoneplayingistight
    (13 posts)

9 years ago

Re: Anyone got any opinions on the Cannonball horns?!

Hey man, Dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I personally hate the cannonballs i play a otto link 6* metal and boy when i tried those cannonballs i thought they sounded like crap. It seemed like there was a plug at the end of it. Also it probably has one of the worst key layouts ever. So i recommend you try out The YAMAHA CUSTOMS. They are incredible first time i tried one of those it was like nothing compared. CANNONBALLS ARE REALLY NOT WORTH THE MONEY. GOOD LUCK

Reply To Post AIM

1. by John Coltrane
      (84 posts)

9 years ago

yeah they arent worth the money but it depends on what kind of sound you want, they have a crashy type tone...not smooth. i would get something else.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by BariSaxplyr
    (35 posts)

9 years ago

I bought a cannonball tenor about a year and a half ago. When i played it, it was had a great sound. But about 4 months later, the horn basically starting falling apart both in sound and mechanics. I sold it back to the store and am thankful for the fact that i did. They're very expensive horns and not really worth what your getting, in my opinion. If you want a nice horn for a similiar price, maybe a few hundred more, the Z series tenors are really something, i recomend you give them a try.

Reply To Post