Saxophone Forum

by brigont
(4 posts)
19 years ago

Martin Committee II Alto - Replacement Case Suggestions

I just overhauled a Martin Committee II alto. The case, while in great shape, is so moldy I can't put the horn back in. The mechanics on the BELL are on the BACK side of the horn rather than the front. Can anyone recommend a good replacement that will properly support this instrument (as well as provide appropriate protection for the bell pads on the back side of the horn) ??? Need HELP - Thanks in advance

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Martin Committee II Alto - Replacement Case Suggestions

The rectangular SKB cases are nice and should fit your Martin ok. I would recommend the rectangular case over the shaped case, because the shaped cases don't have any room in them. I think you can order them through wwbw.com. they're not too expensive. I prefer a hard case because the offer so much more protection. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

I'll be more than happy to send you some pictures of a Selmer Mk VI tenor that was kept in a ProTech case and I think you'll change your mind! I would NEVER put a sax in a soft case!!! Especially a vintage sax.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by eman19
    (131 posts)

19 years ago

I've got a Martin Committe II alto myself. I'm replacing the case with a protec.

Reply To Post

3. by Lefty
    (21 posts)

19 years ago

the unsubstantiated rumor, quasi urban legend, is that a repairman invented gigbags. The inverse of this might then possibly be that the hornis only as good as the case you carry it around in. Protec's are good cases, much better than a grocery bag. For not much money, my choice is the SKB. Or a special-order Walt Johnson if the small bills fall out of your pocket and someone else picks them up for you. Lefty

Reply To Post