Saxophone Forum

by lovinit4
(2 posts)
19 years ago

little help

i have a problem. i play the bari and i play an intermediate antgua winds. i have a 6* otto link mouthpeice and a 2 1/2 vandoren reeds. my high notes (E,F,F#,G,G#,A,A#,B,B#,C,C#,D,D#,E,F,and F#) are extremely wispy and are weak. i blow really hard on them when im up there and they still dont sound right. please help

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: little help

Try a little stiffer reed; maybe a 3 or 3 1/2. See if that does the trick. I find it easier to reach higher notes with a stiffer reed. I've been using Vanduren 2 1/2 reeds on my tenor for the past 4 years or so, but the last few Vanduren V16 2 1/2's I've bought felt considerably softer. Anyone else notice this? I generally do use a 3 or 3 1/2 on Bari. I think I'm going to step up to a 3 or 3 1/2 for tenor also. Anyone have any brand suggestions?

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by sax_braswell
      (22 posts)

19 years ago

I use the 3 in the Java for tenor.

Reply To Post

2. by sax_braswell
    (22 posts)

19 years ago

Just a thought, has your neck pipe been pinched at all. I know on my bari you could hardly tell that the pipe was pinched, but it affected the horn in a major way. It can be easily fixed, and made a huge difference in my bari.

Reply To Post