is a yani A-901 ne good????

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by karebear1012
    (395 posts)

19 years ago

Re: yani A-901

I'm not sure what your opinion on Yanis are...but I've heard from people that they sound "tinny". If you want to put that kind of money down on a horn, i'd look at Keilwerths or Selmers.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

19 years ago

Yani 901s are great horns. As far as horns go, they are on the brighter end of the spectrum, but with a proper mpc setup, they are still VERY full and beautiful sounding, certaintly far from being "Tinny"

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by silversax440
        (29 posts)

19 years ago

It is my opinion that only the player can make a horn sound "Tinny". Try the yanagisawas... great stuff...

Reply To Post AIM

1. by YanagisawA-901
          (312 posts)

19 years ago

nice horns..the player makes it sound tinny.. everyone at my school taht has played my horn sounds great on it, my teacher has played it, my private instructer has played it.. poor airflow and support cause the "tin" sound.. buy one, i love mine

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

2. by sax_braswell
        (22 posts)

19 years ago

I have found Yanagisawa's to be great horns for the money! I play on the 991 line, but I imagine that the 901s are just as sweet for the $. Back to your question is a A901 good; yes just as good as any other intermediate alto out there. Before you spend the $ play a few horns in your price range and see what your own preference is. I hope this helps.

Reply To Post