Saxophone Forum

by tembysaxguy
(5 posts)
19 years ago

Can anyone help me?

Hey, I just found this forum and its awesome. I live in Australia and I recently purchased brand new an Australian Brand of Sax, a Temby. It is an absolutely awesome instrument, but when I play High A, I get a leaky sort of airy sound from the octave key. It is the only note under the octave key with that noise, the rest are super clear. I think it is emy embochure as when I fiddle a bit I can manage to minimise the airy sound. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I need to do to stop this sound- Could it be the instrument- I just didnt think it would be as it is only happening on the High A. I have a Temby Rose Brass Custom Tenor, with a Vandoren optimum Lig, an Otto Link Tone Edge Rubber mouthpiece and Im using 3 strength Vandoren ZZ reeds. Thanks Matt

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Can anyone help me?

Have tech take a look at your horn. It sounds as though your octave keys are out of adjustment. High A is where the body octave key and the neck octave key close/open together. Any problems in this area usually lead to a problem in the G/A area.

Reply To Post