Saxophone Forum

by heyitsme
(4 posts)
19 years ago

Conn Saxophone

Hi, I have a Conn saxophone. It has the model number N125732. I assume it was made in Arizona, but I am wondering how to tell if it is a Bari. Could someone please help. Gold tone color, probably laquered. It has engraving on the bell, stars and I think a flower. I need more info. Perhaps an idea of the value as well. Lots of scratches and one large dent on the bottom curve. Thanks for your help.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Conn Saxophone

we cant tell what it is by the serial number. I can tell you if is a bari if you can send me pictures. Email is [email protected]

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by heyitsme
    (4 posts)

19 years ago

Hi, I sent you photos last nite. I appreciate all of your help. Thanks,Grace

Reply To Post

1. by heyitsme
      (4 posts)

19 years ago

Could someone please tell me how I can find out the model of this saxophone. There are no other numbers on it. I would like to know if it is a Bari. Thanks for anyones help.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

19 years ago

I could swear I sent you reply, but I guess not, if you are still wondering about the same horn. It is not a bari sax, but an alto. It is a Conn 16M Director's Model, also called a "Shooting Star" model, yours is ni fairly good condition, probably worth about $700-$800 US.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Unfortunately even in really good condition these Conns don't bring much money. $400-$500 is a more realistic price range. Probably not what you wanted to hear. I think it's an 18M not a 16M. The 16M is a tenor, and the 18M replaced the 14M directors model around that time.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by definition
          (963 posts)

19 years ago

Ahh yes thanks for correcting my numbers Jim!!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

3. by heyitsme
          (4 posts)

19 years ago

Coul I email you photos and perhaps you could tell me more??? Also, where is the best place to sell it? Thanks,Grace

Reply To Post

4. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Well even though ebay is flooded with them, it's probably still the best place to sell it. Unfortunately no pawn shop or second hand music store will want to give you anywhere near what it's worth. I would list it as a Conn Alto Saxophone in very good condition. serial number N-123XXX (Show the letter and first 3 numbers). I would take lots of pictures, tell a little about how you aquired the horn, (purchased it for your son 3 years ago and he played it one year in school band, etc.) List what is included, any repairs that you have made, adjustments, pads, etc.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

5. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

if yours is in exceptionally nice condition, I would start the bid at $299 or whatever you feel is the LEAST amount of money you would take for it. I wouldn't recommend a reserve auction. they tend to discourage a lot of bidders, and ebay charges more for a reserve auction.

Reply To Post Yahoo!