Saxophone Forum

by werby88
(3 posts)
19 years ago

Bari Mouthpiece Identification

Can anyone identify this bari mouthpiece for me? I'm looking for original manufacturer-/date- type information. The script reads "Geo. m Bundy". img101.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img101&image=IMG_57.jpg Thanks.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Bari Mouthpiece Identification

Hmm It wont let me see the picture. But the Goe M Bundy mpcs are pretty good IMO, I use a streamlined model on my bari often. They were origionally made by Geo himself in the 30s/40s and later Buescher bought the name and pieces can be found dating from as late as the 60s

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by werby88
      (3 posts)

19 years ago

Hmm. Don't know why the link isn't working (doesn't work for me either . . .). Thanks for the reply, though. The only identifying marks were the Bundy script and below that a "C". It's in pretty good shape - no chips or deep scratches, but the finish has dulled quite a bit. I don't play bari very much anymore and was wondering how much I could get for it.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

19 years ago

The C relates to the tip size, and it would be approx the same size as a Selmer C* bari sax piece. The later Buescher Pieces were labeled that way, and worth probably worth about $30-40 US

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by definition
        (963 posts)

19 years ago

The C relates to the tip size, and it would be approx the same size as a Selmer C* bari sax piece. The later Buescher Pieces were labeled that way, and worth probably worth about $30-40 US

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by werby88
          (3 posts)

19 years ago

Ahh, ok. I usually play tenor on a Soloist C*. I figured their sizes were close since they were both pretty good playing for me. Thanks again.

Reply To Post