Saxophone Forum

by werby88
(3 posts)
9 years ago

Bari Mouthpiece Identification

Can anyone identify this bari mouthpiece for me? I'm looking for original manufacturer-/date- type information. The script reads "Geo. m Bundy". img101.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img101&image=IMG_57.jpg Thanks.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

9 years ago

Re: Bari Mouthpiece Identification

Hmm It wont let me see the picture. But the Goe M Bundy mpcs are pretty good IMO, I use a streamlined model on my bari often. They were origionally made by Geo himself in the 30s/40s and later Buescher bought the name and pieces can be found dating from as late as the 60s

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by werby88
      (3 posts)

9 years ago

Hmm. Don't know why the link isn't working (doesn't work for me either . . .). Thanks for the reply, though. The only identifying marks were the Bundy script and below that a "C". It's in pretty good shape - no chips or deep scratches, but the finish has dulled quite a bit. I don't play bari very much anymore and was wondering how much I could get for it.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

9 years ago

The C relates to the tip size, and it would be approx the same size as a Selmer C* bari sax piece. The later Buescher Pieces were labeled that way, and worth probably worth about $30-40 US

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by definition
        (963 posts)

9 years ago

The C relates to the tip size, and it would be approx the same size as a Selmer C* bari sax piece. The later Buescher Pieces were labeled that way, and worth probably worth about $30-40 US

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by werby88
          (3 posts)

9 years ago

Ahh, ok. I usually play tenor on a Soloist C*. I figured their sizes were close since they were both pretty good playing for me. Thanks again.

Reply To Post