Saxophone Forum

by Jazzinjeff
(7 posts)
19 years ago

Keilwerth bari SX90R compared to Yamaha YBS62

Play a tenorSX90R and love it alot....planning on purchasing a bari in the next few weeks. Thought of a Keilwerth from the sound of my tenor...also thought of the Yamaha 62 for the price..$4,895 (did some research) compared to Keilwerth SX 90R would Yamaha 62 be a fine choice? How does it stand to Keilwerth??

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Keilwerth bari SX90R compared to Yamaha YBS62

The Yamaha 62 is a good horn and a good value. They play really good, but they don't really compare to the SX90R in my opinion. The Keilwerth has an all together different sound and feel. The SX90R would be my choice, hands down, of the new horns that I have played. I'm thinking of buying one real soon to gig with and keep my 10M and my Chu nice.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by karebear1012
      (395 posts)

19 years ago

yeah, I agree. The yamahas are good horns, but they're blown away by the Keilwerths (at least in my opinion)

Reply To Post

2. by BariSaxplyr
    (35 posts)

19 years ago

What do you guys think about the Selmer Series II's? I play an old Mark VI low Bb now, but am looking to get a Low A horn in the next few months. Ive never heard anything about Keilwerth bari's from anyone, the yamaha's are well made and almost always in tune. Which i guess is good, but im always up for a challenge on a horn. My experience with yamaha's has been pretty good. As a strict bari player, I would reccomend the yamaha highly if your usually a tenor player or something and if your looking for the CONN sound, I dont know if that can even come on a keilwerth anymore. Although ive heard they make low Bb bari's still, probably an interesting thing to play. If you can get a yamaha 62 for that price id reccomend it though, on WWBW.com its almost $6,300.

Reply To Post