Saxophone Forum

by drpete
(4 posts)
21 years ago

new to forum!!

hello all, im peter amd im into sax or well trying to regain an old passion , i remember back in the highschool days, well yeah its been a while since i finished uni so im trying to get back drpete

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by OLDSAX
    (7 posts)

21 years ago

Re: new to forum!!

Welcome back. What kind of equipment are you using?

Reply To Post

1. by drpete
      (4 posts)

21 years ago

hey!, i just bought a selmer serie 3 alto and i got a c* mouthpiece with just a leather lig. andi have my old ottolink, so yeah im playing in a big band over here, its really good, i want to know about jazz more though ie. tips in the mouth, just tricks like that. i look forward to your replys. thanks!!

Reply To Post

1. by AGIII
        (5 posts)

21 years ago

When you play, say eee with you throat, this will give you more brightness, and volume. If you have the money, have freddie gregory make you a mark III with a step baffle, and a pretty big opening. It will be very expensive, but damn is it worth it!!!

Reply To Post

1. by drpete
          (4 posts)

21 years ago

yeah, im pretty happy with what i have but ill take your word on the topic for sure, i was just wondering if anyone of you know of some good saxophonists here in australia, and also i always though ahh would give the sound a more open cleaner sound, i dont know, thanks .

Reply To Post