Saxophone Forum

by Firk
(31 posts)
19 years ago

conn 10m tenor neck

a buddy of mine got a hold of his grandfathers naked lady 10m, but it has the wrong neck. in fact the neck doesn't fit and has electrical tape around the insert so it does fit. i would think it would be impossible to find a 10m neck, but is there any modern neck that would adequetly fit? ~Firk

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: conn 10m tenor neck

You might be able to find a neck. Conn made a lot of 10M's and the tenon size is the same on all of them, so any year should fit. I would place an ad under the wanted section here, and just keep your eyes open on ebay for parts horns. I will ask around and see if I can come up with something also.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Firk, I may have located a neck for you. I have a guy checking for me. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from him.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Firk
      (31 posts)

19 years ago

jim your awsome! keep me informed thanks, ~Firk

Reply To Post

1. by sax_maniac
        (984 posts)

19 years ago

Firk - Is the neck a single or double socket? (Check your email for clarification as I sent you a couple pictures). I can expand a single socket neck tenon for a fraction of what it costs to buy a replacement neck. With neck and horn in hand, I could make it so tight that you wouldn't even need to use the screw to tighten it into place. Buying a replacement neck is no guarantee it will fit properly anyhow, though if it were from a similar horn of similar vintage it might be ok. Could be an issue with the body receiver, too.

Reply To Post

1. by Firk
          (31 posts)

19 years ago

thanks maniac, got the email. i will think about it and talk it over with my friend. it is a single. it has something on it near the cork. looks like a hole with a black stopper over it and it's taped on with scotch tape. what is it? ~Firk

Reply To Post

2. by sax_maniac
          (984 posts)

19 years ago

Well, if it's not the octave pip, it might be a hole that was put there for microphone placement. Sort of like what Selmer did with their Varitone system. Maybe someone was inspired to make their own at some point with that neck. Very curious. See if he can send me a picture. If that "stopper" goes much into the internal neck bore, there could be some real playability issues.

Reply To Post