Saxophone Forum

by Sazzy_Sax
(14 posts)
19 years ago

Best reed to use for legit playing??

Hi guys, anyone knows which is best for legit playing? Alexander Superial "DC" reed, Alexander Superial reeds, traditional vandoren reeds or the plastic reeds that came onto the market not long ago(forgot the brand of the reed)?? To my knowledge, the plastic reed can last about 1 year or more and it cost S$30+ while the rest are regular prices for each reed and each of the reeds, u could onli use them for a month or two.. so any comments?? thx loads...

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by gsargent
    (1 post)

19 years ago

Re: Best reed to use for legit playing??

I have been using the Superial "Classique" model, red box, which is designed for classical playing, and having great luck with them on a Morgan mpc. Used to use Vandoren blue box with a Larry Teal. You just need to find the one that matches your mpc and horn. Glen Sargent Bangor Symphony Orchestra, Bangor, Maine

Reply To Post

1. by selmerfan
      (67 posts)

19 years ago

Glen Sargent hit in on the head. There are some good options to try, Vandoren, Hemke, Marca, but try them all and whichever you like best and you sound best on is the best reed for you. Selmerfan

Reply To Post

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

19 years ago

Its really a matter of personal preference, for legit gigs on my tenor I play a Selmer S90 190 (E Facing) with Rico Jazz Select Reeds mostly

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM