Saxophone Forum

by gmct2005
(1 post)
19 years ago

Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece

Hi, I play a Martin Indiana "Indian head" Alto Sax and was wondering what type of mouthpiece would be best to use. I'm in grade 11 and am part of the concert and jazz band. I'm starting to get serious about sax playing, and will probably be focusing more on the jazz aspect of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece

Get a Link

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by Cannon
    (23 posts)

19 years ago

Meyer (hard rubber) mouthpieces are very good for jazz. They have a great jazz tone and response. The 5 facing is the most popular. I personally have have a 6 though. Definitely worth of a purchase. Nearly the whole sax section in my high school jazz band has them. From one junior to another...they're quality and affordable.

Reply To Post

3. by krzykrn88
    (27 posts)

19 years ago

Try Morgan Excalibur. It's a rubber mouthpiece, but is quite bright and edgy.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

I've tried just about every alto mouthpiece you can think of. I'll save you a lot of time and money. Get an Otto Link Tone Edge! AWESOME mouthpiece for a vintage horn! They have a nice, open-chamber design for a full, rich tone, volume and projection. They sound really good. They run about $70. Try www.giardinelli.com or www.wwbw.com.

Reply To Post Yahoo!