Saxophone Forum

by RonyG
(4 posts)
19 years ago

Sax-O-Newbie

I have been reading many of the posts on this site in regard to eBay "cheapo" saxophones in the $200.00 - $300.00 range. My question is this, does a Blessing B202 Alto Saxophone fall into this range also? I am a drummer/guitar player in a church praise band but want to add a sax to my playing of instruments. Initally I think I will rent a sax from a local music store ($39.95 for 2 months, and take a few lessons to see if I can get the hang of playing) but I also want to start looking for a sax without spending outside of my budget which would be $500.00 - $700.00 and that is why the Blessing B202 Alto Saxophone on sale at the Woodwind & Brasswind store caught my eye. I know there have been many posts on this site in regard to questions like mine, but as I read through just about everyone of them I found no mention of The Blessing sax, or is it just another rebranded cheap sax? Another option I'm considering is a midi wind controller such as a Akai, or Yamaha WX series. As you can see I'm just in the beginning stages of my searching. Thanks for your replies.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by 1saxcoconut
    (6 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Sax-O-Newbie

Im a pro sax player and give lessons in Baton Rouge, LA. Let me tell you.. Steer clear of blessing if you know whats good for you. One of my newer students has a brand new Blessing and it is terrible. If you want a decent horn in that price range Goto dominicmusic.com and check out his DC Pro Horn line. You could even afford one of his pro tenors in your price range. I just ordered one to try out. He offeres money back if you dont like it.

Reply To Post

1. by RonyG
      (4 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Sax-O-Newbie

Thanks for your reply. There is another member of this site that I'm in touch with that has a few used brand named saxes.

Reply To Post