Saxophone Forum

by 1saxcoconut
(6 posts)
19 years ago

DC Pro Saxes?

Has anyone played on a DC Pro Sax? You can find them at Dominicmusic.com. They look alot like the Cannon Ball Global Series. I spoke with the guy and I was very impressed with what he had to say. He claims that his Saxes have the same layout and sound as a Mark VI. Maybe he has something here. The biggest turn on was the Price. I purchased his top Model Tenor for around $900.00, yes I said $900.00. This may be too good to be true. I play on a Mark VI. This will be a great horn for my students OR ME if it is as good as he claims!!! Check it out..

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: DC Pro Saxes?

I tried one and was not impressed. It's no Mark VI, my friend. Not even close! The keys on a Mark VI don't bend like that! It's a cheaply made horn with soft keys and poor quality pads that will need to be replaced after a couple years at best.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Saxman2200
      (64 posts)

19 years ago

Do not buy a horn from Dominics music. He will ripp you off. The prices are cheap because the saxes are cheap. They are all cheap stencils of some other horn, slapped together with inferrier parts in southeast asia. Most places you go to will not even fix those horns, they are almost plastic. If it gets damaged thats about it. Don't buy a horn you have never heard of, they are mostly cheap pieces of crap. Don't buy, Moniques, Maxtones, Helmkes, or any other sax you could find for 300 on ebay, cuase they're not worth it. And don't buy from Dominic

Reply To Post

1. by jazaddict
        (41 posts)

19 years ago

I generally followed the advice above about avoiding the $300 horns. I did, however, take a chance on an Antigua Winds Soprano from Kessler music ($875 set up & delivered) and am VERY happy. Kessler says that the Tenor is worth a look, but the Alto has yet to be revamped as the Soprano and Tenor were. I'm SO impressed with the soprano that I intend to try a Tenor. It'll be a pretty tall order as I'm a died-in-the wool Selmer fan playin a Ref 54 that I adore. Anyway...if $900 is your budget try out an Antigua. Kessler is fair & reputable....I think they have a 7-day moneyback thing, not sure.

Reply To Post