Saxophone Forum

by lemonhead
(23 posts)
19 years ago

Need Good advice

I am seriously considering saxophone as a career. Everyone that I talk to about it thinks I'm just suddenly motivated and it will pass but I've been playing for several years and improving eversense. I would like to know of some other peoples oppions of the career option and I'd like to know of a way to get to play over the summer for money. I have heard of other people in my school doin it and I could use the extra money for a mothpiece I plan on getting.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by SelmerParisPassion
    (59 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Need Good advice

Well, depends on how good you are, really. As a career? Not to sound pessimistic, but if you know people and practice 7+ hours a day perhaps you might get enough to not starve. :P People gig on the side. Example, band directors (music educators, as some prefer) teach as their steady job, or gig on the side. And you don't have to major in music- you can always play on the side. From my experience, it's just not steady enough for a career. Unless you live in your mom's basement till your 40.... lol But that's from my observation. Good luck! ^^ Christie J

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

2. by lemonhead
    (23 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Need Good advice

Sorry I guess I didn't quite clarify what I meant. Not like proffesional playing but more like doing a few gigs and being a band teacher.

Reply To Post