Saxophone Forum

by Royb
(1 post)
19 years ago

Recommendation, Please!! And an Introduction

Greetings to all!!! I am new to this web-site, and have enjoyed looking through these message boards, and finally decided I should stop standing on the side-lines and actually join! So here I am. Moreover, I am seeking some advice from someone who knows (I used to play as a kid and I'm returning to it because I've missed it) about an imminent purchase; in short I need some good advice. I am considering purchasing the Selmer TS200 or the Keilwerth JK3100; any thoughts? I'm 28 and I would have a preference for a darker tone in the instrument to match my tastes. If you are familiar with either of these instruments, please tell me what you think/would do.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by YanagisawA-901
    (312 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Recommendation, Please!! And an Introduction

a lot of ppl say selmers have dark tones and keilwerths have "vintage" tones to them.. take that as u wish.. i think keilwerths have the tone u put into them as well as every other horn.. but yea

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by jazaddict
      (41 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Recommendation, Please!! And an Introduction

You'll get the Selmer guys (like me) to say "go Selmer", and the Keilworth guys to say "go Keilworth". They're both excellent choices.....so are Yamahas and Yani's . Best thing to do is play both, preferably side by side. Record yourself if you can. Listen, vary the set up (MPC/reed comination), listen somemore. Play a Yamaha and a Yani, and a Conn too. Listen somemore. Then make YOUR decision. YaniA-901 is right...the tone you get is up to you at LEAST as much as which horn....probably more about you. Have fun...its a nice spot to be in.

Reply To Post