Saxophone Forum

by Renate
(6 posts)
19 years ago

Could someone tell me which model Elkhart this is?

I bought this sax off ebay and would like to know which model it is, what it is worth in good condition and when it was produced. The number is E94156 -and it says "Elkhart", "distributed by "Vincent Bach International". Thanks, Renate.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Could someone tell me which model Elkhart this is?

The elkhart horns were a collaboration between both Conn and Buescher. The were manufactured primarily as an export horn; hence the "Vincent Bach International". They are very similar to the Buescher True Tone models. Most were built in the early-mid 1920's. Their value really depends on their condition. In good condition, they're worth between $700-$900. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Renate
      (6 posts)

19 years ago

Are you sure that model is so old? I was told it was only 10 years old. The laquer is still very good, but the top notes are out of tune, it does look newer than 1920s to me. Is there anywhere I could look up (web page for example) the exact age, model and origin of that serial no.? Thanks, R.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Send me some pictures and I'll take a look. I wasn't aware of a newer sax called an Elkhart, but there could be. The Elkharts I am familiar with were made from the late teens up through the early 1930's. Most of them were silver plated with an engraving of an Elk on the bell. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!