Saxophone Forum

by sgt17594
(31 posts)
19 years ago

Martin Saxophone?

I just read the Saxophone Journel about the Martin Saxophone,.... As there had no Martin Saxophone in Hong Kong ( I can find the vintage Conn, Selmer, King... but no Martin), Any body tired it before? Comparing to Selmer Mark VI, which one is better? As our limited budget, I really want to buy a cheap and good quality tenor sax for our quartet. Thx a lot Sgt17594

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Martin Saxophone?

Martin horns are AWESOME. With them you can find the huge sound you find with the vintage american horns. As long as the horn is properly set up(as any horn should be) I gaurantee that you will be happy with it. I actually have been playing my fiancee's The Martin Alto over my Conn 6M, its a great horn!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Dave Dix
      (421 posts)

19 years ago

Just bought a 1937 committee tenor and they are fantastic to play(also have a master,standard special and a The martin tenor) one of the fast appreciating american saxophones so if you want one you had better hurry Dave

Reply To Post

1. by sgt17594
        (31 posts)

19 years ago

Any suggestion? I just search this web site and the sax journel, they just used the serial no. from 19xxxx ~ 21xxxx Martin Sax.... Is it the best? How about the earlier model? I just e-baying the martin tenor saxophone.... Sgt17594 from Hong Kong

Reply To Post

1. by Dave Dix
          (421 posts)

19 years ago

Early handcraft martins are nice but not too egonomic.The better models were from the early imperial(1933-35),handcraft committee(35-38)committee 2 (38-45) or The martin committee models.All fine saxophones.Take your pick Dave

Reply To Post