Saxophone Forum

by cynot
(21 posts)
19 years ago

What should I do?

Should I rent a Bundy for 3 months for $115 to see if I want to keep going with the sax, or should I just buy a used Yamaha 475 for $500?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Re: What should I do?

Get the Yamaha!!!A bundy was my first alto, and I must say, while their good atributes include being built like tanks, they sound best one way... run over by a truck!!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Get the Yamaha!!!A bundy was my first alto, and I must say, while their good atributes include being built like tanks, they sound best one way... run over by a truck!!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by someguy
      (80 posts)

19 years ago

Why rent when you can buy? If you dont like playing then sell the sax for $600. Remember,... buy low , sell high. Just kidding, sell it for $650. Good luck!!!!!

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

19 years ago

typically I don't recommend renting. You can usually buy a used horn in good shape (Have it checked out and make sure it plays before committing to it) and if you decide not to keep it, you can sell it and get your money back, and possibly even make money on it. Renting is a good idea for younger students who are just starting out in band and have no idea what they want to play or what instrument best suits them. Otherwise, I recommend buying. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!