Saxophone Forum

by Philo114
(6 posts)
19 years ago

Re: I'm a new member to SaxQuest and Forum

Hello everyone, I must say there are so many nice sites for the saxophone on the web, and this is one of them. I came by SaxQuest by a link at Thomas Ohma Woodwind Repairs, Thomas and his staff just overhaul two of my babies, my Hayne's Silver Flute and my French Mark VI Selmer. I'm looking forward in helping anyone I can help and participate in the discussions that has to do with the saxophone... I've been playing since 1968, where I picked up the Tenor Saxophone in High School, Played mostly on the Latin Scene here in New York with many groups. I am now a born again Christian and looking forward in playing my newly overhaul instruments either in a gospel group and or a Quintet I'll be forming or both. I have 6 saxophones in my collection, the two mentioned and I also have a Selmer Super Action Series II Alto and Baritone, a Selmer Radio Improved tenor sax, and student Winston Soprano Sax. I'm presently with the Jump Start Big Band playing at many of the nursery homes here in New York. It's a pleasure to bring back the good ole days to the senior citizens who really enjoy the music we play from the 40's 50's and the newer stuff. I've done a lot and look to do much more while I'm still here Good Lord willing, so hi everyone and drop me a line or two now and then...God bless. Philo

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. No replies yet. Be the first!