Saxophone Forum

by j_gally
(19 posts)
19 years ago

Bundy II

I am a very serious student in Grade 6 but playing at a Grade 8/9 level. I was wondering what people thought of the Bundy II as a starter horn, as I am currently renting and don't have the money for Keilwerth (my fream horn)

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Bundy II

the Bundy II is a good starter horn. They have pretty good intonation and they are easy to play. The sound isn't the greatest, but they're better than many of the other choices out there. Try a better mouthpiece, like an Otto Link Tone Edge, and that'll brighten it up a little.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by sax_maniac
    (984 posts)

19 years ago

I played my Bundy II alto for over 20 years before "upgrading" and that was only because it was so beat up that it was embarrassing. Bundys and Bundy II's are great horns.

Reply To Post

1. by j_gally
      (19 posts)

19 years ago

Okay, the Bundy just soared out of my price range. What I'm looking at now is a Jupiter 767 series- it's brand-new. Any thoughts? I mean, I just need a cheap horn, to last me thorugh junior high before upgrading in about 4 years. Will something like that last me?

Reply To Post

1. by SaxMan88
        (318 posts)

19 years ago

What do you mean the Bundy just soared out of your price range? You can lease one off WWBW for $26/month. So that prolly means it's around $600 off WWBW (you have to call for a price). If you go any cheaper than that, you're looking at trouble. Any horn cheaper than that will NOT last you until you're a sophmore or junior. The metal on any horn that low in cost is prolly cheap and will dent easily; the pads prolly suck; overall the horn might feel crappy. I'm playing a Bundy II right now. Mine is pretty beat up from school use (it's a school horn) but I will tell you what, aside from the leak in it I can get a pretty groovin sound out of it; for even a student horn (by the way I'm a sophmore). Try to get a Bundy II. If you get anything lower, you might be asking for trouble. Good luck with your decision!

Reply To Post

1. by j_gally
          (19 posts)

19 years ago

I know it's not that good.. but I'm really trying to scavenge.. my mom can only afford 350 Canadian. That's all.

Reply To Post

2. by SaxMan88
          (318 posts)

19 years ago

Yikes. That's only a few dollars short of $300 US dollars. So you need to save a few more dollars (Canadian or US...I assume your in Canada) and buy a Bundy. That's all there is to it. Or, take that $300 and put it towards a lease. Put $250 down on it then use the rest of it to make monthly payments. Ya dig it? Talk to your mom about it. I mean, you are obviously aware that going any lower is bad, so why do it? Good luck saving up!!!

Reply To Post