Saxophone Forum

by sgt17594
(31 posts)
19 years ago

How much is the Martin Saxophone???

I search e-bay and this website and found that the serial is around 19xxxx ~ 21xxxx is more expensive than the earlier model 1xxx ~ 9xxxx. Is it real? What's the difference? Is it the best model of Martin Sax (19xxxx ~ 21xxxx)? How much is it? I really want to buy one.... How about the Martin Indiana tenor sax #7xxxx??? Help me! Sgt17594 from Hong Kong

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

19 years ago

Re: How much is the Martin Saxophone???

Indiana martin is an intermediate model but still a good sax.A The martin from 1946-1971 will cost at least $1000 for a good one from ebay Dave

Reply To Post

1. by sgt17594
      (31 posts)

19 years ago

thx a lot! Dave! Could you mind tell me more about Martin? What is Martin handcraft saxophone? how about the martin before 1946? Is it expensive? Actually, we have the Selmer Mark VI Alto, Yani B991 Bartione.... as the limited budget, I need to purchase a "cheap" and "good" quality tenor for our quartet...

Reply To Post

1. by Dave Dix
        (421 posts)

19 years ago

The ebay route will turn up a few martins but study the pictures well and as a few questions from the seller. The first Handcraft martins are split-bell keys and they became same sided in 1933? with the h/c imperial. for good imfomation on all martins try www.saxpics.com or google The martin story,This is a site from Holland dedicated to martin saxophones.Martins are still cheap at the moment but are starting to rise in prices as people around the world hear about them on the internet Dave

Reply To Post

1. by sgt17594
          (31 posts)

19 years ago

Thx a lot! I'm going to ebaying the "Handcraft Imperial", Hopefully the price including shipping is below $500...!

Reply To Post