Saxophone Forum

by mike235
(2 posts)
19 years ago

Vintage Conn C melody

I have a Conn C melody saxaphone that I think is from 1913. The serial # is 25731. It doesnt have any major dents or dings but needs overhauled. Any ideas of what it may be worth?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Vintage Conn C melody

The Conn Straight-neck C Melody saxophones with a microtuner neck manufactured 1922 and after are the most valuable. The curved neck models generally do not bring as much money. Yours would be worth more for 2 reasons; one, it was made before the sale of Conn to C.D. Greenleaf, and two, most likely it has a union label stamp. I would keep this horn as original as possible and I wouldn't put a lot of money into it. If you are looking for a C Melody sax to play, I would search Ebay for one of the later straight neck Conns.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by mike235
      (2 posts)

19 years ago

Thank you for your reply. Im basically looking to sell the sax, and wondering how much to ask for it.

Reply To Post

1. by sax_maniac
        (984 posts)

19 years ago

If the body is in good shape but it needs a repad and overhaul, I would accept any offer $200 or above, generally. Send me pictures and close ups and I can narrow it down plus or minus. The condition of the springs and action is crucial on really old horns and can add significant time to it's restoration if they require replacement.

Reply To Post