Saxophone Forum

by TANGO SIX ONE
(255 posts)
19 years ago

THE KNIGHTS ON CRUSADE (Bird Lives)

A 24 Gun Napoleonic Man O War sees in the far distance what it believes to be a whaling vessel .It moves in close to make contact and to dictate where it should and should not fish and to seize it if necessary. As the Man O war closes in the Whaling ship throws off its disguise. It turns out to be a 32 gun enemy frigate already cleared for action and delivers a full broad side into its prey. The knights Templar have been on various saxophone, woodwind and jazz forums. In the main some very interesting and funny responses. Also there have been the ones the Knights Templar call the 6th rate or unclassable. You know who you are and have shown yourselves up. On each site a few of the same types appear and act accordingly. They tend to be rude with limited descriptive narrative, they have no humour and get mad. This is of much amusement to the Knights Templar. Our records show these persons to be insecure and they think they are leading the way in their world on the particular forum. The others on the forum should take note of them. Their playing skills are not up with the best .If they were, nothing would concern them. They feel safe until their world is turned upside down in one or two article debates. They are very sad people. Major insecurity. The knights state at all times to retain dignity honour and above all. The first rule of the intelligent human being, never get mad or loose your temper. Of course, the Knights are attention seeking, simply so people will read the articles. We applaud all the bright comments and particularly the funny ones, thanks to Sax Quest for the forum. We are sure that in some part helps advertise the business. The Knights Templar continues to fly the flag for jazz. The Knights Templar have gigs and a couple of master classes to do out of town but will return. So, foil or sabre, ON GUARD. (Bird lives)

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

19 years ago

Re: THE KNIGHTS ON CRUSADE (Bird Lives)

Well Ritchie B. (I'll hint at your identity now that your through); Sounds like you and your "Knights" are off on another crusade. I'd say you should abandon the attempt at humor and stick with your day (or in this instance-night-job) though. ;) Although I got a mild chuckle from your tongue in cheek posts, and the aftermath of responses, I'm sure you would have had more a favorable, intelligent intercourse if you had canned the hokey act. Anyway, have fun storming the castles!

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
      (575 posts)

19 years ago

BTW, Although this cat stumbled in the humor department, he DOES blow one mean Tenor in the U.K.

Reply To Post

2. by TANGO SIX ONE
      (255 posts)

19 years ago

Mr Sax is my axe ……… Your behaviour is well below that which is expected of an Officer and a Gentleman in the service of saxophone playing. You should be setting an example to the men. Or for that matter men and women. Jazz is the highest form of execution on a musical instrument, the saxophone unwittingly designed to perfection for this purpose. Therefore the Knights Templar feels it wise that if you are to continue in the service that you think very carefully before you make your judgements. Your actions are not only letting the service down but also your crew member’s fellow Officers and the public in general. His lord ships are very keen to stamp out this kind of draconian adolescence. After all, as jazz artists we are in a minority of sublime thinking. We wouldn’t want to fuel any kind of mutiny. That is all. (Bird Lives)

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
        (575 posts)

19 years ago

Richie Binns; Your personal attack on me is nothing, if not totally out of line. I think your judgment of me and my behavior is completely erroneous, and baseless. I have attempted to be nothing but helpful, and indeed have gone out of my way to help out those who seek it on this board and others. I would say of you, that for someone who claims to extol the virtues of mature, humane and civil treatment, the motives behind your posts display a great deal of malice aforethought, and baiting. I would suggest that you re-read my post history, and you will NOT find me to be rude or out of line with anyone, save one individual who's bullying long deserved a verbal thrashing (the chap from Alaska). And at 37, it is obvious to all who read our respective post, that it is not I who finds it necessary/desirable to post in a "Dungeons and Dragons" persona. I believe that it is you who is guilty of adolescent behavior, and a bit down right strange to boot.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Tango, you remind me of another musician from the UK by the name of Syd Barrett (not sure if I spelled the last name right) but for those of you who don't know, Syd Barrett was a guitarist with the band Pink Floyd, who went crazy, and was later diagnosed with schizophrenia. He spent several years locked up in a mental institution in England. He's still alive, living in his own little world in a 2 bedroom apartment in Chelsea from what I understand. Tango.....GET A GRIP!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by TANGO SIX ONE
          (255 posts)

19 years ago

Ambush , Hook LIne and Sinker.The moderaters should have you walk the plank and fall into a sea of country and western.As is often the case you like it then two or three years hard labour 8 to 10 hours a day playing bop hard bop and post bop under instruction. Then one can be released back into the community .You have broken a golden rule which is very very bad, i hope you are warned of your actions.Its done because you cant handle interlect.A disgrace.(Bird Lives)

Reply To Post

3. by TANGO SIX ONE
          (255 posts)

19 years ago

Ambush , Hook LIne and Sinker.The moderaters should have you walk the plank and fall into a sea of country and western.As is often the case you like it then two or three years hard labour 8 to 10 hours a day playing bop hard bop and post bop under instruction. Then one can be released back into the community .You have broken a golden rule which is very very bad, i hope you are warned of your actions.Its done because you cant handle interlect.A disgrace.(Bird Lives)

Reply To Post

4. by TANGO SIX ONE
          (255 posts)

19 years ago

Reply To Post

5. by blackfrancis
          (396 posts)

19 years ago

8-10 hours a day of hard bop is vacation, not punishment. Ever play real country? It's fun for some of us, you know. Can't handle INTERLECT? Check your spelling. No need to be supercilious. The only Crusader I pay attention to is Wilton Felder.

Reply To Post

6. by saxismyaxe
          (575 posts)

19 years ago

He submitted the same banal little message three time in a row, and he still couldn't get it right. Tango, I pick and choose my battles, and this simply isn't worth my time, nor the other members of this forum. Seek help my friend. By the way, if you are indeed Richie Binns (I doubt it.), U.K. sax player and leader of No Second Quarter, you have apparently taken a nasty fall on the head. Your behavior is truly bizarre. It might come down to contacting Richie to alert him to this asinine behavior being perpetrated in his name.

Reply To Post

7. by kneejerk52
          (397 posts)

19 years ago

tango at first i found you a funny and creative, maybe too much time on your hands. then you became a pest of sorts stirring things up. i too am guilty of this at times. i don't care who you are but for the benifit of the younger folks who come here to get help and learn. can you include something helpful in your post.

Reply To Post