Saxophone Forum

by tranefan
(5 posts)
19 years ago

Conn 10m pro's ...Help

i have a later model 10m with the inderslung octave key ... the problemis that somehow i think i am missing a part of the octave mechanism due to the fact that whenyou push the octave key both octave keys raise the one on the neck and on the body ... i have looked all over for pics but none that i can see the octave mechanism enough to know whether i am missing something... can anyone help

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Conn 10m pro's ...Help

I left you a reply on your other post (parts wanted) offering to fabricate you a new underslung octave key. It doesn't sound like that is what you need. I'll Email you a picture of the octave linkage off of my Silverplated underslung 10M, and see if that helps you. Mike.

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
      (575 posts)

19 years ago

Check your email, and let me know what you find regards your horn Vs. the photos. Mike

Reply To Post

1. by tranefan
        (5 posts)

19 years ago

ok i checked out your pics and it appears that i have the wrong g key ... the g key on your has a curved up part that closes your octave key on the sax ... mine does not ... do you know where i could find that part ... i also need a neck for a conn chu berry/old 10m/17m i heaqrd any of those will work ... thanks man !!!!

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
          (575 posts)

19 years ago

I emailed the information to you regarding the keywork. I think you mean a 16M, not a 17M. That one is going to be a tricky thing to find, short of having a custom one made for you, such as Gloger, Oleg etc. Great workmanship on these, but VERY pricey.

Reply To Post

2. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

I was searching hi and low for a 10M neck for a friend, and have been unable to locate one. my tech has a bunch of parts, and thought he might have one, but we looked and he doesn't. Sorry firk. I wonder if you have the right neck for your horn? I would just keep my eyes open on ebay in hopes of finding a parts horn or something. Good luck, Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!