Saxophone Forum

by tranefan
(5 posts)
9 years ago

Conn 10m pro's ...Help

i have a later model 10m with the inderslung octave key ... the problemis that somehow i think i am missing a part of the octave mechanism due to the fact that whenyou push the octave key both octave keys raise the one on the neck and on the body ... i have looked all over for pics but none that i can see the octave mechanism enough to know whether i am missing something... can anyone help

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxismyaxe
    (574 posts)

9 years ago

Re: Conn 10m pro's ...Help

I left you a reply on your other post (parts wanted) offering to fabricate you a new underslung octave key. It doesn't sound like that is what you need. I'll Email you a picture of the octave linkage off of my Silverplated underslung 10M, and see if that helps you. Mike.

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
      (574 posts)

9 years ago

Check your email, and let me know what you find regards your horn Vs. the photos. Mike

Reply To Post

1. by tranefan
        (5 posts)

9 years ago

ok i checked out your pics and it appears that i have the wrong g key ... the g key on your has a curved up part that closes your octave key on the sax ... mine does not ... do you know where i could find that part ... i also need a neck for a conn chu berry/old 10m/17m i heaqrd any of those will work ... thanks man !!!!

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
          (574 posts)

9 years ago

I emailed the information to you regarding the keywork. I think you mean a 16M, not a 17M. That one is going to be a tricky thing to find, short of having a custom one made for you, such as Gloger, Oleg etc. Great workmanship on these, but VERY pricey.

Reply To Post

2. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

9 years ago

I was searching hi and low for a 10M neck for a friend, and have been unable to locate one. my tech has a bunch of parts, and thought he might have one, but we looked and he doesn't. Sorry firk. I wonder if you have the right neck for your horn? I would just keep my eyes open on ebay in hopes of finding a parts horn or something. Good luck, Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!