Saxophone Forum

by Rachael
(13 posts)
19 years ago

college

I am a senior and I plan to go to college next fall majoring in music education. I thought I had figured out where i was going to go, but yesterday I got a letter form Western Michigan University giving me a $12,000 scholarship. The problem is i haven't auditioned there for music major status and its too late now. Should I get ahold of the people there and talk to them about an audition, or should I go where I want to go Eastern Michigan Univ.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by wvujazzman
    (48 posts)

19 years ago

Re: college

Rachael, $12k is nothing to sneeze at. I'd certainly give them a call, but here are some other things to consider: how do the schools compare as far as music ed programs go? Instructors? I'm not familiar with either school, so I can't comment there. How do the costs compare? If you get a $12k scholarship, but the school costs $10k more to attend, you're really only getting a couple grand. Also, what is the scholarship for? Is it a recurring thing, or a one-time deal. Does it have any requirements? The answers might help you in making your decision. Whatever choice you make, good luck! Eric

Reply To Post