Saxophone Forum

by Augman
(29 posts)
19 years ago

Mouthpiece website 2

I have heard that there is a website that you can be sent mouthpieces and send them back keeping the one you like. Somebody said the address was www.wwbw.com but there is nothing at that address. Has anybody used this site before? Also any sugestions for a mouthpiece for a series 2? I like a Getz type of sound.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Mouthpiece website 2

I dont know why that address didnt work for you. try this: www.wwbw.com/?siteID=AysPbYF8vuM-PssXTPzTik.IKd.pNCE7Zg

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Augman
      (29 posts)

19 years ago

Thanks I found it that time . It looks like an awesome site. Recomend anything? I like a traditional Jazz or getzy sound and have a selmer serie 2. Berg larson ? Otto link? Meyer?

Reply To Post

1. by west
        (242 posts)

19 years ago

I recomend selmer mouthpieces. I've tried meyer and ottolink, It's just my personal preference. Also, if you go into the tenor sax section of the website, you'll see a giveaway for a tenor mouthpiece. You should enter to win. who knows who will win. the drawing is on 4/4/05 and you just have to check their site.

Reply To Post

1. by west
          (242 posts)

19 years ago

And if you ask to try a mouthpiece, are you stuck with anything other than shipping costs?

Reply To Post

2. by west
          (242 posts)

19 years ago

I'm just writing this post so I get e-mailed for a response to my previous post

Reply To Post

3. by definition
          (963 posts)

19 years ago

no, you only pay shipping

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

4. by wvujazzman
          (48 posts)

19 years ago

as long as you keep at least one of the mouthpieces, you're stuck with only shipping. However, if you order 3 and send all 3 back, they hit you with a restocking fee as well. I got burned this way... Eric

Reply To Post

5. by tenor562
          (297 posts)

19 years ago

They have to clean the mouthpieces when you send them back too, so they hammer you for that. I don't know if that's included in shipping and what not, but i think it's around 6-10 bucks for cleaning fee, depending on the value of the mouthpiece.

Reply To Post

6. by west
          (242 posts)

19 years ago

Wow. I'd probably rather go to a local store to try it for free.

Reply To Post

7. by ebert
          (18 posts)

19 years ago

I just ordered 5 mouthpieces and sent 4 of them back using wwbw.com and it was a breeze. Shipping to me was free because my order was over $100, and there was no restocking fee when i sent the 4 mouthpieces back. There is a cleaning fee, but it is only 3.50 per mouthpiece for mouthpieces (under $400 each i think). All you have to pay for is shipping back, and they put the remaining balance back on your card. There is a 48 day trial period for most mouthpieces, which gives you plenty of time to try them. I recommend the Otto Link New York mouthpiece with a reasonable tip opening (7*) for tenor. It is more free blowing and sounded ten times better than even the traditional metal link i tried on my horn.

Reply To Post

8. by Tully
          (49 posts)

19 years ago

I'm just about to order four to try out. They told me, though, that it would be $6 shipping , plus return shipping and $3.50 per mouthpiece not purchased. I take it that if the total is over $100, they'll ship for free? I'm curious if that has changed, since that's not what I was told yesterday. They also said that they have a 45-day guarantee, but on a mouthpiece trial, the trial period is only two weeks. I'm going to call right now, if they're still open.

Reply To Post AIM