Saxophone Forum

by ezz
(2 posts)
19 years ago

technical question

Hi guys, i have a random question. ive been teaching for 8 years, and in that time ive never come across a pupil who got lip blisters from playing. until now. is it a normal occurance - ive never seen it before. very confuzzled ezz x

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Re: technical question

Me thinks that student needs to relax their embrochure, and check the mouthpiece out!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by west
      (242 posts)

19 years ago

It's not a common prblem, I haven't even heard of this before. Maybe it could be that they're getting used to a new instrument? When I went from tenor to soprano, my mouth would sometimes bleed because I didn't want to put it down and I was getting used to the difference in the sizes of the mouthpieces.

Reply To Post

1. by martysax
        (148 posts)

19 years ago

If you're talking about a ripped lower lip. It happens. When you play for a few hours on lips that haven't played much in months, the lower lip isn't tough enough and bursts under pressure. It goes away with time as you play more regularly. It's like the bump on my right thumb. (you know what I'm talking about) If I have no bump on my thumb, I'll have a fat lip when I get home!

Reply To Post