Saxophone Forum

by tony4strings
(2 posts)
19 years ago

is my beuscher any good ??

Hiya, i was wondering if anyone could tell me about my beuscher and if it's really as good as it feels. it's a shiny silver beuscher alto, it's got engraving on the bell which says "the Beuscher Elkhart IND" and on the back under the thumbrest theres the number - 170646, beneath this it says "true tone" over a metronome and tuning fork engraving. i know i'm probably being anal with my description but i'm just trying to give as much info as possible. i've been told it may be from 1938 but i dont know how true that is, any info ?? i've had it for many years and use it as my main horn. it sounds absolutely amazing and i'd never get rid of it, it just sounds so sweet, and because of that it's an absolute joy to play. i just dont know much about it. any help would be appreciated. cheers

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

19 years ago

Re: is my beuscher any good ??

Buescher horns are fantastic. Yours is from 1924 Dave

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

19 years ago

Those horns are very nice, and if you look, they are nearly identical to the Conns of the time, but with better intonation, because MR. Buescher worked under Colonel Conn at the Conn factory before starting his own company.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by xevenz
    (2 posts)

19 years ago

Funny thing, I went ot my storage today, found an old alto sax that was given to me 25 years ago, it is a Buescher (SN 56408) as well. Did a google and wound up here first. Any info about it's age and possible value? It's silver and could use new pads. Any place that I could list it for sale other than EBay? Thanx [email protected]

Reply To Post

1. by Dave Dix
      (421 posts)

19 years ago

built in 1919. Dave

Reply To Post