Saxophone Forum

by someguy
(80 posts)
19 years ago

TO HAVE EFFECTS OR NOT, THAT IS THE QUESTION.

Why do you want effects on your sax? Just a question. If you have a PHAT sounding horn, why mess with it? Other than alittle reverb, what does it do? Please enlighten me!!! J.O.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: TO HAVE EFFECTS OR NOT, THAT IS THE QUESTION.

I love BBQ, and I had BBQ chicken for dinner tonight, so, lets say your sax sounds like BBQ chicken! I hope it doesn't, but bare with me here! It tastes pretty good, but I add a little honey to your sauce to sweeten it up a little bit. Mmmmmm, that's good chicken! Now uncle Bill decides to add a little salt, Maybe he added a little too much. Now Aunt Betty comes along and decides to add a little pepper, only your smartass cousin Billy Jr. thought it would be cute to unscrew the top to the pepper shaker, so when aunt Betty adds the pepper, she ends up adding a lot more than she intended, and now the BBQ sauce is ruined! See where I'm going with this? A few effects can really add flavor to your sound, but too much, and you might as well be eating Chinese take-out! Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by martysax
      (148 posts)

19 years ago

That reminds me of a question for the ages: How can a Chinese restaurant be open 24 hours a day and never take out any garbage?

Reply To Post

1. by YanagisawA-901
        (312 posts)

19 years ago

because they are creepy! o.O

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by west
          (242 posts)

19 years ago

They eat it, that's how!!! Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....................hahahahahahahahah...........................................................hahaha..................................................haha..............................ha............................oooohh, that was good.

Reply To Post

2. by martysax
          (148 posts)

19 years ago

Y'know, come to think of it, there weren't any meat deliveries either!

Reply To Post

3. by martysax
          (148 posts)

19 years ago

Y'know, come to think of it, there weren't any meat deliveries either!

Reply To Post

4. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

I heard about this from a friend, and it wouldn't surprise me if it were true, given the area and all. A Chinese restaurant opened up a few years ago on the East side of Flint in a not-so-good neighborhood. The place didn't get a lot of business. All of a sudden, people's pets started coming up missing, and one of the neighbors seen this Chinese guy pick up a cat out of someone's yard. He followed the guy to this restaurant and watched as the guy got out of the car holding the cat by the scruff of the neck and take out a knife. The neighbor yelled, and the Chinese man dropped the cat which took off running. The neighbor called the police. Apparently 5 more cop cars showed up and arrested the owner of the Chinese restaurant, and the went inside and found other animals in the freezer that had been killed. The restaurant was of course closed. I've never ate there. I don't go to Flint very often, especially the bad areas. It seriously makes me wonder though whenever I ordered something they said was chicken that didn't quite taste like chicken! There is a Mongilian BBQ /Chinese place near me that I do go to fairly often though and they're great!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

5. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Yes I realize this is a little off topic, but this is valuable information! Chinese food and Chinese saxophones....you just can't trust either of them!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

6. by west
          (242 posts)

19 years ago

Wow. talk about off subject. In a way, we all have A.D.D.

Reply To Post

7. by martysax
          (148 posts)

19 years ago

Must be the "effects" of the M.S.G.!

Reply To Post

8. by martysax
          (148 posts)

19 years ago

Maybe that's why you only play a Chinese sax in a darkened venue. So noone can read the inscription.

Reply To Post