Saxophone Forum

by chemist1979
(7 posts)
8 years ago

LASax soprano

I bought an LASax soprano off of ebay. The serial number is 40232. Does anyone have any information on this model (e.g., year produced, wuality, issues, etc.)? Thanks!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxgourmet
    (127 posts)

8 years ago

Re: LASax soprano

at one time, I was in charge of manufacturing and product design for Orpheus Music, which owned the LA Sax brand.....the serial numbers were random digits, not sequential, and tell nothing.....the horns (before I was hired) were sourced from a variety of "lowest bidders".....some good, some not so good....if you'll send me some clear, detailed pictures, I might can tell you what you've got

STEVE GOODSON
    New Orleans
    www.nationofmusic.com

Reply To Post

1. by chemist1979
      (7 posts)

8 years ago

The soprano does not have a front F key.  Below are some pictures.  I bought offf of ebay from a music store. 
      I have problems when using the left palm keys for E and F. It does not always change octave. I had it looked over and adjusted. Still seems to have the problem. 

Thanks for the help! 

Reply To Post

1. by GFC
        (842 posts)

8 years ago

Can't say I'm impressed with the build quality.  The cluster alignments are awful.  The RH C and Eb keys don't even look like they were made for the same horn.

Reply To Post