Saxophone Forum

by Jim Keith
(20 posts)
19 years ago

Jazz Tenor

I am going to major in saxophone (mainly jazz sax) as a tenor. I have a YTS-62 Yamaha Tenor saxophone with an otto link 7(metal) I was going to buy some different types of saxophones. But now i haev decided just to get different tenors... I really really love the satin finish...and was wondering if anyone knew a good satin finish tenor saxophone for a reasonable price that is really good?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by The_MarkVI
    (80 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Jazz Tenor

Try www.saxophone.com they are great saxophone for the price. If you want to spend more, go for the series III tenor satin or the reference. Though a YTS-82Z unlacquered is a great tenor sax model. It sorta looks satin. Though you should never buy a saxophone cause of its looks. My '57 mark VI tenor is a beatuy....by its sound!!

Reply To Post

2. by eman19
    (131 posts)

19 years ago

check out a lot of the american horns from the 30s-50s. Great horns, generally alot less than selmers of the same vintage, and most modern horns.

Reply To Post

1. by SaxMan88
      (318 posts)

19 years ago

Satin? As in like a matte type finish? In that case go with what Mark VI said and look at either a Series III (or a Series II...really don't matter that much) in a Matte Brushed finish, or the Reference tenor which is supposed to play like a Mark VI comes in that matte finish. If cosmetics aren't an issue for you I'd go with a Selmer LaVoix. Just got mine today, and boy is she sweet. I'm not regretting not getting a Selmer Series III. Have fun with your saxquest!!!

Reply To Post