Saxophone Forum

by AndrwHock
(4 posts)
19 years ago

1928 York alto question

I came across a 1928 York alto saxophone and purchased it for what I think was a steal at $400. I checked the serial number with a few lists and it is consistent with the year. The saxophone plays great and has the original mouthpiece with it, or so I was told. I was wondering if anyone had any info on this horn or knew its value. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by AndrwHock
    (4 posts)

19 years ago

Re: 1928 York alto question

Does anyone have any opinion on this or any info about the horn?

Reply To Post

1. by AndrwHock
      (4 posts)

19 years ago

Seriously guys, HELP!!!!

I really want to know anything about this horn that I can find out. Please, pretty please, someone respond. I would appreciate it soooo much. Thanks.

Reply To Post

2. by famutastic
    (1 post)

19 years ago

I think you have gotten yourself a superb deal, Andrew. I, too, have a York Alto, which I have had sense elementary school. I recently had my horn repadded and the shop owners were going on and on about how great my horn is. Where did you check your serial #? Maybe we can find out together...

Reply To Post

1. by AndrwHock
      (4 posts)

19 years ago

I don't remember the sites that I found that had these serial numbers listed, I just searched on google and found several sites that agreed. As for my alto, it plays great and sounds great. I'm happy with my purchase.

Reply To Post

2. by ni
      (1 post)

15 years ago

i saw one at an antique place for 80.00 do you thinks that s a steal and the bottom part is pealing and some side keys are gone only two is that a steal

Reply To Post

3. by hummer12
    (2 posts)

16 years ago

I am about to buy a York Alto Saxophone with number 92595 and the seller claims it is 1928 based on the serial from www.horn-u-copia.net/Yorklist.html. I was doing a research on this type of Sax and found you and wanted to know if you can share some insight to this type of Sax. Thanks

Reply To Post

4. by hummer12
    (2 posts)

16 years ago

I am about to buy a York Alto Saxophone with number 92595 and the seller claims it is 1928 based on the serial from www.horn-u-copia.net/Yorklist.html. I was doing a research on this type of Sax and found you and wanted to know if you can share some insight to this type of Sax. Thanks

Reply To Post

1. by dee13
      (1 post)

14 years ago

I have a York Alto Saxophone (silver) which I had restored completely. I have invested a bit of money in it and now would like to sell it. Do you have any idea what I should be asking for it? It plays beautifully and has the original case, mouth piece, neck strap and knee stand (which I thought was a great idea and not seen in all my years of playing!) I would like to sell it FAST so any extra information about it would be appreciated

Reply To Post