Saxophone Forum

by lizzy_d
(3 posts)
19 years ago

HELP!!! Need info!!!

I have been playing the alto sax a while now and plan to switch to a tenor sax. Problem is I don't know what makes to look at or what price I should be paying for 1. Can anyone tell me anything that I may need to know when switching from alto to tenor. Also, I have heard that all saxophones are played in the same way, alto, tenor etc - is this true or are there differences when playing each type?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by barisax999
    (400 posts)

19 years ago

Re: HELP!!! Need info!!!

if your looking for something just to doodle on(a more beginners), try a used yamaha, vito, or maybe a conn. when i play tenor i like to kind of stretch out my neck, and kind of extend my head forward a little bit. it helps get that sweet tenor sound.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Hi Lizzy, How much are you looking to spend? I can help you find a horn. Do you have a preference? What type of music do you play?

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by lizzy_d
        (3 posts)

19 years ago

I am on a student budjet so I need to keep that in mind. At the moment Ive been playing mostly pop music but I would eventually like to move onto jazz. I dont have a preference, as long as it is good quality.

Reply To Post

1. by tenor562
          (297 posts)

19 years ago

The Yamaha 23 will probably suit your needs the best. It's pretty general for genres of playing, and you can alter your tone pretty easily with different mouthpieces. It's around 1000. -tenor562

Reply To Post