Saxophone Forum

by lemonhead
(23 posts)
19 years ago

Strange question

Okay, so I have this problem with my tongue. I don't think that this is usual. My tongue is short. Now when I say short I don't mean like just a littlte. I can't even get my tongue over my lip. I'm worried that now I have found something I like that my problem will get in the way of it.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by SaxAppeal
    (67 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Strange question

uhh. I'm not sure if this is a joke or what?....

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

It shouldn't be a problem. It's not the size of your tongue, it's the size of your horn that makes a difference!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by martysax
        (148 posts)

19 years ago

It's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean!

Reply To Post

1. by lemonhead
          (23 posts)

19 years ago

I know it is a weird question and a little stupid. It's just that some people have suggested that it might be a problem.

Reply To Post

2. by sax_maniac
          (984 posts)

19 years ago

I know I'm opening myself up to jokes here, but I am being totally serious. I had a girlfriend in college that had this same thing with her tongue not being able to go much past her lips. So I know that this posting is probably not a joke. My recommendation is that you play a larger horn like tenor or bari where the mouthpiece goes further into your mouth - closer to the tip of your tongue. This problem could actually work out to be an advantage - you never know. What size horn are you playing now?

Reply To Post